In the Simon Necronomicon we can find no Incantations for creating a Sacred Space, or Holy Circle. While no such Incantation is required for creating the Circle, I can’t help but think that such an Incantation would really add to the atmosphere of this Sacred Ritual. Since the Holy Circle is the main line of defense against the forces of the Outside it would be good that this Barrier is imbued with the Power of ancient words.
Feeling the need for such a protective measure, I have written the following Incantation which may be chanted while forming the Holy Circle.
- “SAG-BA! SAG-BA! GISH-XAR-RA NU-BAL-E!
- GISH-XAR DINGIR-RI-E-NE-GE NU-BAL-E!
- GISH-XAR ANA-KI-A NU-KUR-RU-DA!
- DINGIR I-A-AN NU-BAL-E!
- DINGIR-MULU-BA-GE NAM-MU-UN-DA-AN-BUR-RA!
- UTUQ-XUL-XE-A, A-LA-XUL-XE-A, GIDIM-XUL-XE-A,
- MULLA-XUL-XE-A, DINGIR-XUL-XE-A, MASKIM-XUL-XE-A,
- DINGIR-RAB-KAN-ME-XE-A, DINGIR-RAB-KAN-ME-A-XE-A, DINGIR-RAB-KAN-ME-KIL-XE-A,
- MULU-LILLA-XE-A, KI-EL-LILLA-XE-A, KI-EL-UD-DA-KAR-RA-XE-A,
- NAM-TAR-XUL-IK-XE-A, AZAG-GIG-GA-XE-A, TUR-RA-NU-DUG-GA-XE-A,
- I-NA ZUM-RI YA LU YU TAP-PAR-RA-SA-MA!
- GISH-PAR DINGIR-EN-KI-GE KAN-NI-IB-DIB-DIB-BI!
- ZI DINGIR KI-A KAN-PA!
- ZI DINGIR AN-NA KAN-PA!
Here is how it translates to English:
- Ban! Ban! Barrier that none can pass!
- Barrier of the Gods that none may break!
- Barrier of Heaven and Earth that none can change!
- Which no God may annul!
- Which no God, nor Man can loose!
- Whether it be an Evil Spirit, or Evil Demon, or Evil Ghost,
- or Evil Devil, or Evil God, or Evil Fiend,
- or Hag-Demon, or Ghoul, or Robber-Sprite,
- or Phantom, or Wraith of the Night, or a Phantom’s Handmaiden,
- or Evil Plague, or Fever Sickness, or Unclean Disease,
- May you be held back from my body!
- May the snare of Ea catch it!
- Spirit of the Earth, Remember!
- Spirit of the Sky, Remember!
The reader should be aware that the Magician is free to write his own Incantations and Conjurations, as long as they serve the purpose they were written for. So feel free to experiment, and write Incantations that best fit your own mind-set. I created this particular Incantation by using pieces of a cuneiform text which is called the “Tablet of the Ban”, and can be found in the book Devils and Evil Spirits of Babylonia written by R. Campbell Thompson, on page 119/125. Other sources for creating this Incantation were the Simon Necronomicon and Chaldean Magic written by Francois Lenormant.