Welcome to my 50th Post!
I can’t believe that this is already my 50th post for this great blog, but it truly is. I have learned much during these studies, yet there is still much more to learn and experience, for it seems that I am ready to Walk the next Gate, the Gate of Šamaš.
It seems that I am becoming more attuned to the Necronomicon Current because I am gradually becoming more aware of the subtle voices that whisper softly in the dark recesses of my mind.
Lord Šamaš is calling me….
I recognized his call just moments ago when I experienced the urge to write a protective prayer adressing the great God of the Sun. I experienced a somewhat similar occurence when I was preparing to Walk the Gate of Ishtar and therefore I recognized the subtle calling, telling me that the time is near.
The following prayer is constructed during this writing and, though unique, originates from various ancient tablets. It is a prayer to DinGir Šamaš, the God of Life and Light, that he may protect us from the machinations of the Workers of Evil, may he cast them into an Abyss of Fire.
- Šamaš šar šami-e u irsitim
- mukin kit-ti u mišuri mušta-ulum la da-atim
- šakin namirtu anu nišé apa-ati
- birbir-ri munam-mir Igigi u Anun-naki
- šar šami-e u irsitim es-i-ka asxurka
- šupi-i arkiš up-pu-uš
- šalmi ikribi-ia takrubu-úti
- nirbika lu-ukbi dali-lika ludlul
- aš-šum gam-malata bili as-saxar ilu-utka
- aš-šum ta-airata išti-‘-úka
- aš-šum riminita at-taziz panika
- tir-rama saluti ša kaš-šapti ša ruxi-e ipušu
- šú-uškin ki-ti ina pi-ya
- ina si-ikrika kabti ina kibit ilutika rabititi
- šunu linišuma anaku lu-udnin
- šunu li-iktisuma anaku lu-up-patar
- šunu limutuma anaku lu-ublut
- kibsa išara šúkun ina šipi-ya
- urxi lidmi-ik lišir
- ina kibit ilutika rabititi lu-úblut ludima
This prayer not only corresponds to Shamash by calling on him, but also connects to the great Sun God through his sacred Number, 20, as the prayer consists of twenty lines.
The English translation reads as follows:
- Oh Shamash, Lord of Heaven and Earth!
- Establisher of Right and Justice, unbribable Inquisitor!
- Bestower of Light upon the palefaced race of men!
- Robed in Splendour, enlightening the Heaven and Earth spirits!
- Lord of Heaven and Earth, I seek thee, to thee I turn!
- Make clean quickly the one bewitched!
- Fulfill my petition with blessings!
- Let me talk of Thy greatness, let me bow in humility before thee!
- Since Thou art beneficent, I have turned to Thy divinity!
- Since Thou art compassionate, I have sought for Thee!
- Since Thou art merciful, I have taken my stand before Thee!
- Turn away the enmity of the sorceress who has employed venom!
- Set justice in my mouth!
- In Thy illustrious Name, at the command of Thy mighty godhead!
- May they quake and I stand fast!
- May they be bound and I be freed!
- May they die that I may live!
- Set a pleasant path for my feet!
- May my way be propitious!
- At the command of Thy mighty godhead let me live, let me have knowledge!
Great Utu, Destroyer of Evil, Lamp of Wisdom, accept my prayer for I am a servant of the Gods….