For a while now I had been entertaining the idea of writing a personal invocation for summoning the Watcher and it has resulted in the incantation given in this article. Let me give you some words of caution… If you are new to the Tradition then please refrain from using this invocation! Use the invocation given in the Simon Necronomicon! You must understand that this particular invocation is very personal and it belongs to me as it is a result of my personal Workings. Thus meaning that it is a creation born from my interaction with the Necronomicon Current. One should only alter the Workings given in the Simon Necronomicon if one is absolutely confident of his or her skills and one knows with certainty that the logic applied is done so in a wisely manner.
Here follows the invocation of the Watcher:
- 1. ALSI KU NUSHI MASS SSARATU RABUTI
- 2. LUGALDIG UMUNNUN AMEL RABUTI
- 3. ANNA MAGMEN KIA MAGMEN
- 4. MASS SSARATU RABUTI ISA YA
- 5. SHAMASH ITERU’UB ANA KU’UMMISHU
- 6. PU’USSÚMA’AT MUSHITUM
- 7. ISA YA ISA YA
- 8. DINI DINA ALAKTI LIMDA
- 9. MASS SSARATU RABUTI SHA PULUXTU LITBUSHU MALU’U XARBASHU
- 10. IDE ILLAZU ABA BARA’E
- 11. MASS SSARATU RABUTI SHA LA IMMAXXARU KABALSHU
- 12. DUGBADDUZU ABA BARASHUBBU
- 13. SHUBU’U MANZAZA INA ILANI RABUTI
- 14. ISA YA
- 15. LIBBIKA LUSHAPI DALILIKA LUDLUL
- 16. ZIKRI LITIB ILIKA
- 17. IA ANU
- 18. IA ENLIL
- 19. IA ENKI
- 20. MASS SSARATU RABUTI ISA YA U LI’IZZIZU’UMA
Naturally I have also an English translation of this invocation of the Watcher which follows here:
- 1. I invoke you, great Watcher!
- 2. O divine Lord of the Dead, great Protector!
- 3. In Heaven thou art mighty and on Earth thou art mighty!
- 4. O great Watcher, arise!
- 5. Shamash has gone off into his sanctuary,
- 6. Veiled is the Night.
- 7. Arise! Arise!
- 8. Obtain justice! Take notice of my ways!
- 9. O great Watcher, who art clothed with terror, who art full of fury!
- 10. From thy vision who escapes?
- 11. O great Watcher, whose onslaught is unopposed!
- 12. From thy stride who shall flee?
- 13. Mighty is thy place among the great Gods!
- 14. Arise!
- 15. May I praise thy heart, may I bow in humility before thee!
- 16. Let my cry find acceptance before thee!
- 17. Hail Anu!
- 18. Hail Enlil!
- 19. Hail Enki!
- 20. Great Watcher! Arise and stand by!
Because the summoning of the Watcher is of great importance I will explain to you the logic behind the chosen sentences and their correspondences which will make things more clear.
- 1. This line requires no explanation.
- 2. The Watcher is the part of us that is dead and needs resurrecting. Hence the title, Lord of the Dead. That the Watcher provides us protection is obvious (great Protector).
- 3. The Watcher has power in the Astral world (Heaven) as well as it has power in one’s temple-chamber (Earth).
- 4. The Watcher comes from the Underworld and the word, Arise, says it all.
- 5. This line as well as line number 6 indicate that it is the proper time for summoning (Night).
- 6. See line 5.
- 7. See line 4.
- 8. This line comes from the preliminary invocation of the Watcher.
- 9. I always treat my Watcher as a great warrior (with respect), and regard him as a most terrible opponent of any harmful influences that seek to assail me. To them he is, clothed in terror and full of fury.
- 10. Nothing escapes the Watchers attention. He is a Watcher.
- 11. See line 9.
- 12. The Watcher is able to guard the entire circumference of the Holy Circle, thereby keeping all evil at bay. None dare stand before it. All will flee…
- 13. This line does not require explanation as we all recognize the greatness of the Watchers and their place among the Gods.
- 14. See line 4.
- 15. This line acknowledges both the Magician’s care and respect for the Watcher.
- 16. This line is a prelude to the following three lines which make known to the Watcher that the summoning is done in the name of the Three great Watchers.
- 17. One of the Three great Watchers.
- 18. One of the Three great Watchers.
- 19. One of the Three great Watchers.
- 20. This line makes clear to the Watcher that he has to answer the summoning as he is required to be present during the rites.
As you can see I have given the subject much thought and attention. It should also be taken into consideration that I have been summoning my Watcher for quite some time which forges a bond with this mighty Spirit, thus allowing opportunity for alterations on a personal level. Know that the power of words is a great and mighty tool which affects us deeply on a personal level and can be employed as such to empower our emotive forces that we use during ritual.