Greetings Brothers and Sisters!
In this post I will present to the reader a somewhat odd piece of text, the main purpose of which is to serve as a warning to the Magician. This hymn cautions the Magician to remember the ancient Seven whose harmful forces always seek to bring down the unwary practitioner by influencing and decreeing his or her fate. Therefore we would do well to never underestimate nor forget the power represented by these Seven.
This post will also feature a short prayer to DinGir Nergal which I wrote during my stay in His Gate. It is a very short prayer as it is based on Nergal’s sacred Number.
Let me first present to you the Assyrian version of the Hymn of Caution against the Seven.
- SIBITTI ATTUNU KAKKABANI SHARXUTUM
- SHE-EDU LA PADUTUM SHA INA SHUPUK SHAME-E
- SHUNU EPISH MARU-USHTI SHUNU
- SHITA-ADDARU-UM MU-USHXU-USHSHU-UM
- SIBITTI SHUNU MAR SHIPRI SHA ANIM SHARRI SHUNU
- ALI ANA ALI DA-UMMATA ISHAKKANU
- ITTI IMXULLI SHA-ARI LIMNI ISHURRU SHUNU
- INA IMITTI ADADI ILLAKUSHUNU
- SHUNU BINU-UT ARA-ALLI SHUNU
- LIMNUTI SHUNU
- SIBITTI SHUNU
- SIBIT ADI SHINA SHUNU
- INA SHAME-E SIBIT INA IRSSITIMTIM SIBITMA
Let’s take a look at this warning in English!
- O Seven! Ye mighty Stars!
- Ruthless Spirits created in the vault of Heaven!
- That each day raise their heads for evil!
- The “Bow”!
- The “Yoke”!
- The “Wagon”!
- The “Bison”!
- The “She-Goat”!
- The “Horned-Serpent”!
- Orion, the “Dragon”!
- These Seven are the Messengers of Anu, the King!
- Bearing gloom from city to city!
- Forcing their way with the baneful windstorms!
- Stalking at the right hand of the Storm-God!
- They are the Offspring of the Underworld!
- They are lies!
- They are Evil!
- They are Seven!
- They are twice Seven!
- Seven in Heaven and Seven on Earth!
Now let me present a short prayer to Nergal which consists of eight lines which is Nergal’s sacred number. During each Gate I Walk I write a personal prayer or incantation that is appropriate to the Deity of the Gate I Walk in. The following prayer was a result of my Entrance into the Gate of the Red Planet.
- UR-SAG UR-SAG-GAL
- UMUN-E GÚ-DÛ-A-KI
- UR-SAG UMUN URUGAL
- A-ŠA-RID A-NUN-NA-KI
- BIL TAM-XA-RI
- AM-GAL UMUN-GIR-RA
- AN-BIR-RA-MÉN GÉ-EM-MÀ-EN-TIG-GÀ
Here follows the English version:
- Hero, great Hero !
- He that arises from Meslam !
- The Lord of Cutha !
- The Hero, Lord of the Underworld !
- Prince of the Anunnaki !
- Lord of the Battle!
- Great Steer, Lord Nergal !
- May the blazing heavens pacify Thee!
By presenting these texts I do not only share insights in my personal works, but I also supply you with useable material which can aid you in your own Workings. I suggest you make good use of it!